Welfare to Work Programs
Employment Action Center’s Welfare to Work Programs provide free job placement and career assistance to residents of Hennepin, Ramsey and Dakota County who are enrolled in the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or the Hennepin County Diversionary Work Program. Each year, more than 9,000 families take advantage of our services to help them move back into the workforce and out of poverty.
EAC’s Welfare to Work programs can help you:
• Find your first job, a new job, or a career path that suits you and your family’s needs
• Discover your job interests, skills, and talents
• Receive assistance with applications, develop a resume, and practice interviewing skills
• Learn how to solve common problems in getting and keeping a job
• Meet with employers who are hiring now
• Access information on resources available for you and your family
• Take advantage of job training opportunities
• Improve your income and advance in a career
• Receive assistance with childcare and transportation costs
• Receive services from staff who are bilingual in Hmong, Spanish, Somali, Swahili, Lao, and Arabic
Contact us today to get started!
Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Twin Cities Area of Minnesota