Youth and Family Services
We understand that self-sufficiency and stability for individuals and families means more than helping someone find a job. That’s why EAC provides a depth of services on a range of issues to help people discover their potential and achieve their dreams.
Our Youth and Young Parent Division serves youth who are in school, youth who have dropped out of school, youth aging out of foster care, homeless youth, youth involved in the juvenile justice system, and youth at high risk for such involvement. Services designed to help youth make a successful transition to adulthood include:
• Assistance and support to complete their basic education
• Planning for and accessing post-secondary education
• Developing leadership, communication, teamwork, anger management, and other skills
• Peer support groups
• Community service experience
• Referrals to community resources for youth and their families
Our Women Achieving New Directions program is designed to meet the needs of the single working mother and her children. We understand how difficult it is for a woman who has the sole responsibility for supporting her family financially and emotionally. Our services are designed to help single mothers take action and move forward in their lives and careers. With this in mind WAND provides:
• Light meals at workshops and events for mothers and their children
• On-site childcare for workshops
• Services at convenient times – evenings and weekends.
• Family Fun events
Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Twin Cities Area of Minnesota