Accomplishments & Awards
As one of the largest and most respected agencies in the Twin Cities, EAC is frequently recognized for our contributions to the community. For example, EAC:
• Received the City of Minneapolis Awards for Best Youth Service Provider and Best Adult Service Provider in 2006. These awards recognize the high quality service and outstanding outcomes achieved by the EAC staff of those programs.
• Received the 2007 Program of the Year Excellence in Fatherhood Award from the Minnesota Fathers and Families Network
• Was commended by the Hennepin County Commissioners for achieving a 0% repeat pregnancy rate in our Bright Futures Teen Parent program.
• Was awarded the “Spirit of the Southside Festival Leadership Award” in September 2007 in Recognition and Appreciation of the Selfless Efforts, Cooperative Ethics, and Relentless Energy Exhibited in creating positive and productive neighborhoods.
• Received the City of Minneapolis Award for Best Youth Service Provider in 2007 for the second year in a row.
• Became the largest provider of welfare to work services in the metro area with services in Hennepin, Ramsey and Dakota Counties
• Minneapolis Mayor R T Rybak declares September 24, 2009, Employment Action Center Economic Diversity Day in the city of Minneapolis.
• The Diversionary Work Program received the 2009 Hennepin County Award for Outstanding Performance in Diversionary Work Program Results.
• EAC Youth Programs received the YOuth Provider of the Year Award from the City of Minneapolis for the third time in four years.
• St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman declares September 24, 2010, Employment Action Center Economic Diversity Day in the city of St. Paul.
• Senator Al Franken commends Employment Action Center for its work with business partners in the community.
• EAC was given the 2007, 2009 & 2010 award by Hennepin County MFIP in recognition of Outstanding Achievement in Client Job Fair Attendance. The Welfare-to-Work Division led an agency-wide effort each year that earned EAC this award.
• The City of Minneapolis awarded EAC both the Adult Vendor of the Year Award and the Youth Vendor of the Year Award. EAC is the only agency ever to receive both awards in the same year, and it has received both in 2006 and 2011.
Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Twin Cities Area of Minnesota