Go to content Go to navigation Go to search
RESOURCE Employment Action Center: Discover your potential... achieve your dreams

Adult Program FAQ

How do I qualify for your programs?
You must be 18 years of age to qualify for EAC’s adult programs. Some programs require residency in Minneapolis, St. Paul, or suburban Hennepin County. Contact us for assistance in determining which program is right for you.

How do I sign up?
You can walk in at any of our offices, or call any of the main numbers to get an appointment with one of our counselors. You can also look for a particular program that suits your needs. At your first appointment or visit to one of our offices, there will be an intake process where your basic information is taken, and an appointment will be scheduled.

How can I access your services?
Our offices are open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. Under special circumstances, counselors might be able to set-up appointments after regular hours. You can also e-mail our offices, or counselors to request information or appointments.

I am interested in training. Can you help me?
You may qualify for training; however, each individual program’s services differ. This is a decision your employment counselor and you will make together.

Do I need to attend your workshops?
It is important to attend the workshops that are available in each program. These workshops have been developed with the specific clients needs in mind, and are a reflection of the current job search, résumé writing, and marketable skills that you will use to set you above the competition in the job market.

Can you help me develop a résumé?
EAC employment specialists have a wealth of knowledge and experience working with people to develop the best résumé tailored to the specific job being applied for. You should have a working résumé within the first two appointments.

I am already working. Can I use your services?
Yes! If you are unemployed or underemployed, you can use our services to find a better job, or a whole new career. Our counselors will be able assess your needs and to counsel you in the best possible way to get positive results.

Can I enroll in two different programs?
Yes, you can enroll in two different programs, as long as they do not have restrictions, or come from the same provider, such as county or city specific programs.

Can I have help getting to my job interview?
Transportation assistance, such as bus cards or gas cards, is provided based on individual needs. Once you are enrolled in the program and have met with your counselor, he or she will make the decision to provide you with transportation assistance. Not all the programs can provide you with this assistance. Talk to your counselor for more information.

Can you help me with housing?
There is only one program that provides housing assistance, TRAILS, and it is a referral only program. It is administered by the city of St. Louis Park, and you must be enrolled with them before coming to our agency for services. If you are enrolled in one of our other programs, we can make referrals to other agencies to help you with your housing needs.

Can you help me with anything besides my employment needs?
If we cannot provide the services that you need, we can refer you to other programs and community resources to meet your needs.

© 2008-2012 Employment Action Center (EAC) • A division of RESOURCE
Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the Greater Twin Cities Area of Minnesota